Today is the very last day of Movember and as you can see, I did grow a pretty decent beard. I hope you have been reminded that caring for your health is important, even if you’re a big, tough, manly man. Women, we do need a gentle reminder from time to time. Something along the lines of “I really care about you and hope you will choose to get your screenings done” will probably work better than “Why don’t you ever go to the doctor, you big baby!” Remember, we are sensitive… on the inside. 🙂
Finally, if you didn’t see it already, check out, my post from the beginning of the month Welcome to Movember. Here is a quick link to some of the content of that post as well:
- Information about the Movember movement.
- Study showing that women are 33 percent more likely to visit a doctor than men.
- Recommendation to do testicular self-exams once a month.
- Reasons you are at higher risk for colon cancer, and should get screened earlier.
- Recommendation against, prostate screenings for men who are 70 and above.
- The American Cancer Society‘s schedule for prostate exams
Take care of yourselves and Happy Movember!